The Crestron Programmer is responsible for the installation, programming, and support of complex audio/visual systems in a variety of customer environments. The successful candidate will have a history of designing clean and functional interfaces that allow for simple control of complex systems. This is a full-time position with occasional overtime. Most work is performed Monday thru Friday from 8-5 with the potential for some evening and weekend work. Occasional overnight travel is possible. Mileage and other travel related expenses will be reimbursed.
- Responsible for always maintaining professional attitude and delivering excellent customer service
- Design, test, and deploy control systems and related AV equipment on time and within budget
- Troubleshoot and debug AV systems.
- Responsible for accurate tracking of time sheets, expense reports, service tickets, inventory, and tools
- Full compliance with company and customer’s safety programs
- Complete training programs from manufacturers, industry associations, and company as required
- Other duties as required or assigned by management
Crestron Programmer is accountable to the AV Services Manager. Secondary accountability will be to the other management team members, employees and customers of the company.
Applicants must have a minimum of two years of Crestron programming experience along with a working knowledge of networking fundamentals such as: TCP/IP, addressing/subnetting, firewalls, routers, vlans, and VPN. Applicant must have experience working with Crestron Digital Media and VTC. Applicant must have experience with interface (GUI) design and graphics applications. Applicants need solid understanding of binary, hexadecimal, ascii, RS-232, and IR. Preference will be given to applicants with a four year degree in Computer Science or EE. Strong knowledge of audio systems and DSP’s is also preferred.
The primary work area will be College Station and surrounding areas. However, some out-of-town travel is required.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
Must be responsible, organized, self-motivated, and have a desire to learn. Good communications and clean appearance are a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret business and technical documentation.
- Valid and current driverâ€™s license.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers
- Frequent lifting of heavy objects is required
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required
- Must be able to climb ladders and occasionally work on lifts and/or scaffolding
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Frequent use of test equipment and power tools